Paros festivals, Greece: A guide to the festivals of Paros island
- Feast of Agia Marina, July 16th where the inhabitants are celebrating
with food, dances and songs.
- Feast of Panagia Faneromeni, September 8th
- Feast of St. Ioannis , 23rd and 24th of June, which takes place
inside the castle.
- The feast of Panagia Ekatondapiliani, August 15th, with a litany
of an icon of the Virgin Mary and local dances.
Naoussa - The feast of Nine Days of the Virgin Mary, August 23th,
which takes place nine days after the Assumption of the Virgin , with
a big feast representing the pirates’s assault in the village. Boys
dressed in traditional costumes jump from the caiques( fishing boat)
and enter in the crowd to snatch the girls away. This is a great feast
with fireworks and dances.
- The Feast of Agios Ioannis, August 29th, which is celebrated with
a great dinner, wine and dances.
- Drios, Feast of Agios Ioannis Theologos, August 29th
- Marpissa, Feast of the Saviour’s Metamorfosis, August 6th
The Cycladic villages have adopted, for most
of them, a similar architecture: white cubic houses built the one
upon the other with wooden coloured windows, doors and balconies in
narrow streets next to windmills and Byzantine churches